Left Krakow at about 5pm. It was still really hot so we were sweaty, tired and still unsettled from the day. The drive went smoothly and I must say as we crossed the border into Slovakia the drive was beautiful. We went through the forest and over the mountains. Passed through little towns that would be magical in winter. The river followed us for most of the way. Had a bit of a giggle when the road warning...which usually indicated we should watch out for deers, had a picture of a frog. Didn't see any of these dangerous frogs though. Arrived at about 9 pm. Getting dark by now. Couldn't find the place...which is ridiculous as it was a massive 5 building apartment block. BR asked for help from a couple sitting in their lounge room. Walked around the buildings and discovered our entrance was locked. Bit of an oh f...k moment. BR was stressing, when, like divine intervention, my IPad picked up an email with instructions on where the key was. Crisis averted and we entered a massive apartment with a huge wrap around balcony. Got our stuff in...and found a pizza place...that was still open just...the lovely lady let us eat in...she turned another couple away who came in about a minute after us. No English..but smiles and we survived.
Woke up to glorious mountain views. I had read how lovely the town square is, so we drove and parked...right at the square. Spent an hour and a half walking around. It was what you visualise small towns in Europe to look like. Picturesque is the only word that comes to mind. We climbed the clock tower to check out the views. Didn't like that at all. Did a lap up there with the camera...as my stomach rolled the whole time...as I shadowed the wall. Got supplies for a picnic lunch and set off. Few hours later stopped in a park in Krupina for our picnic and continued to Budapest. Arrived at 4.30 pm.
Checked into our hotel. Very nice and as I sit here writing this I look out the window and I can see up and down the river. Walk, Dinner and Walked along the Danube River. Very Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment